Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Welcome to the StellarVerse Forums!

I have created these forums as a *stable* and *lasting* alternative to other Stellar forums for developers and everybody else! Read more. Questions? PM -> mmathias! Thank you!

Author Topic: StellarVerse's Cold Wallet Generator  (Read 4019 times)

mmathias

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Tech Interests: C++, PHP, Backend
  • Twitter: @mmathias_mmint
StellarVerse's Cold Wallet Generator
« on: January 15, 2015, 06:37:32 PM »
Hi Stellar Community,

I spent the last couple of days creating an *offline* cold wallet generator for Stellar wallets. It can be used *without* an active internet connection, which makes it ideal for... well, generating offline cold wallets. :)

Also, it is based purely on HTML and JavaScript and only needs a current web browser to run, so no complicated command-line stuff.

https://stellarverse.org/cold_wallet_generator/

Please let me know what you think, and please use with caution. I have tested the generator to the best of my abilities, and it would be nice to get some community feedback. I am planning on implementing "QR-Code" output and "printable paper wallet" output. Any other suggestions?

Best,

- Mathias
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Support StellarVerse: gLVXANgQtoNPaK9Nr4egdvh36jqJ9LMG1A

irisli

• Stellar Development Foundation
    • View Profile
  • Tech Interests: web
  • Twitter: @irisli
Re: StellarVerse's Cold Wallet Generator
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2015, 07:26:17 PM »
This is pretty cool. Good work! I like the vanity miner too.

One way to further increase ease of validation is to have all the scripts and images inlined into the single html file so that one can verify the hash of just a file and not a zip file which will vary depending on the tool used to create the zip file.

mmathias

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Tech Interests: C++, PHP, Backend
  • Twitter: @mmathias_mmint
Re: StellarVerse's Cold Wallet Generator
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2015, 09:40:50 PM »
Thanks, irisli!

I will put everything into a single html file but I would first like to reduce the libraries that I use to a minimum. I believe that at least one of the crypto libraries is redundant. Anyway, I'll probably look into that in the coming days.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Support StellarVerse: gLVXANgQtoNPaK9Nr4egdvh36jqJ9LMG1A